If you are considering opening a bakery cafe with Great Harvest, you’ll want to read these key franchise facts.
Initial fee: The franchise fee for your first store will range from $20,000 to $30,000, depending on the size of your territory (see table).
A new laptop computer is included with your franchise fee.
We offer a 15% discount off the initial franchise fee of $20,000 to $30,000 for honorably-discharged veterans of the United States Armed Forces who control at least 50% of the bakery at the time of signing their Franchise Agreement.
|Territory Size||1st Store||2nd Store
Terms and conditions apply. Additional stores may be further discounted.
Average total cost to open a Great Harvest bakery franchise is $313,919. (See details). This average is based on franchisees that paid a $38,000 fee, so you can adjust accordingly. You may want to read our blog post on how long it will take your business to be profitable. You will note that franchise fees for additional stores are discounted (not only with the second, but with all subsequent stores). The franchise fee discount combined with our cost-effective Hub & Spoke model make the option to grow into multi-store ownership with Great Harvest very attractive.
Capital requirements of applicants: $90,000-$100,000 in liquid, unencumbered cash (cash and securities, not including retirement accounts). On top of the $90,000-$100,000, applicants should have additional resources and/or the ability to borrow or acquire the balance that will be needed to open the bakery.
Average time from signing a franchise agreement to opening your doors is currently 14 months. Securing a location can be the biggest variable during this period. You should also read our blog post on why it takes a year (or more) to open a successful bakery cafe.
We recommend approximately 2,500 square feet.
You will be granted an Exclusive Territory containing up to 150,000 people, depending on the size territory you purchase (see table above.)
The term of the franchise agreement is ten years.
Start-up & initial training support include:
- Site selection assistance.
- Lease negotiation assistance.
- Layout and design assistance.
- Equipment search assistance.
- A Training and Development Specialist will walk you through the details of getting your bakery cafe open.
- Great Harvest University online: 40-50 hours of self-directed, self-paced learning activities on our intranet.
- Made-To-Order School: Five days of hands-on training in Dillon or Bozeman, Montana to learn the pace of production, style at the counter, general bakery cafe systems, predictions, and promotion.
- Baking Fundamentals School: Five days of hands-on, one-on-one training on how to bake phenomenal products.
- Bakery Cafe School: Five days of hands-on training in our test labs and in-class sessions to learn aspects of running a successful Great Harvest bakery cafe.
- Team of opening trainers.
- Pre-opening marketing assistance.
- Post-opening visits as we determined they are needed.
Royalties: The monthly royalty rate you pay is 5%.
Marketing Fund: The monthly rate is 2.5%.
You can find additional franchise facts here on our FAQs page.